Sherman & Howard’s Corporate & Transactional team has robust experience advising businesses throughout their life cycle. From entity selection, formation, and finance through day-to-day operations issues, transformative business transactions, securities, and franchise matters, we position our clients for growth and advance their strategic objectives.
The Sherman & Howard Difference
We partner with our clients’ executive leadership, boards of directors, investors, and other key stakeholders to devise and execute legal strategies that align with our clients’ overall business interests and drive their success. We possess real-world perspective and first-hand experience in handling the types of issues our clients face.
Our clients include startup and emerging entities, multinational corporations, and some of the nation’s leading businesses in diverse industries such as cable television and programming, construction and engineering, resort development, telecommunications, financial services, food and beverage, technology, agribusiness, publishing, and energy. No matter a client company’s size or industry, Sherman & Howard’s Corporate & Transactional attorneys have the legal knowledge and business acumen to help that client achieve its goals, expand its business, and strategically navigate legal challenges.
Working closely with our finance, labor and employment, regulatory, intellectual property, tax, and other practice area lawyers, we ensure comprehensive, seamless service, advising and representing clients regarding matters such as:
- Formation, structuring, and operation
- Capital markets issues
- Commercial transactions
- Corporate compliance and governance
- Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and dispositions
- Executive compensation/benefits issues
- Bankruptcy and restructuring
- Regulatory compliance
- Corporate investigations and regulatory inquiries
- Litigation and other forms of dispute resolution
- Risk avoidance strategies
- Immigration concerns
- Intellectual property protection, licensing, and management
- Board, director, and officer duties and liabilities
- Shareholder relations and securities-related issues
- Going public and going private
Whether handling a complicated transaction or offering day-to-day advice, we take a practical approach that focuses on our clients’ short- and long-term goals in the context of their business realities.
Regarded as a leader in the field, Sherman & Howard is nationally and regionally recognized for Corporate Law by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms.