This Policy is updated from time to time. The latest version will always be published on this page. The modified terms will become effective immediately when they are posted here. We recommend that you review this policy from time to time when you use this Site.
If you have any questions about this Policy or how it is implemented, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kinds of information do we collect?
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about the electronic device that you use to connect to the Site, including your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. See below for more information on cookies and how they are used on our Site.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data such as your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We may utilize Google Analytics or other tracking solutions provided by third parties to gather and analyze data related to how visitors find and access this Site. This information is used only to manage and improve this Site. You can read more about how Google uses your information here: www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
What are cookies and how are they used?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options, and functions that are specific to you. They also may allow site administrators to see information like how many people use the Site and what pages they tend to visit.
Sherman & Howard uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are required for the basic functions of the website. They allow you as a user to switch back and forth between pages without losing the benefits of your prior actions from the same session.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These cookies gather data on how you use the website, including what pages you have visited most often and whether you encounter error messages. These cookies do not collect your personal information and are used to improve website functionality.
- Functionality cookies: Similar to strictly necessary cookies, these allow the website to provide you access to services you request. These cookies collect information on your preferences like usernames and languages, but they are anonymous and do not track your browsing activity across other websites.
- Targeting cookies: These track your engagement with any marketing materials that are sent after you subscribe on the Site. Targeting cookies track information related to open rates, bounces, and click rates.
- Third-party cookies: These track your engagement to content that is hosted on external platforms or third-party websites.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Analyze our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content, and functions.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might initially see one piece of content while the other 50% see a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The Site can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- Recognize when you return to our Site. We may show you relevant content or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than what you choose to share with us.
If you choose to communicate with us through this Site, we may collect personally-identifiable information that you choose to provide. This could include your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and similar information. We may collect such information to help facilitate communications with you. We will use this information for our own internal records and to contact you in response to a specific inquiry.
Our protection of your privacy.
Sherman & Howard assumes that, by using the internet, you recognize that electronic access and email are not considered to be completely secure media of communication. You should, therefore, never send private or confidential information through this Site or through the internet unless you are willing to assume this risk. Sherman & Howard does endeavor to utilize appropriate technical measures to protect against unauthorized access to our Site or the use of the Site for any unauthorized purposes. We do not guarantee that these measures are completely effective or that in every case they will prevent these acts from occurring.
Links from our website.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of third-party websites outside of our domain. Sherman & Howard is not responsible for any information you provide nor the data protection or privacy of any other website.
Retention of personal data.
Sherman & Howard will only retain personal data and information for as long as needed for the purposes set out in this Policy. In some cases, we may retain information for longer if needed to comply with any applicable law. Sherman & Howard will take reasonable efforts to delete any personal data once it is no longer necessary as set out in this Policy.
This Site is not structured for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Sherman & Howard will delete any information that we discover to have been provided from anyone under the age of 13.
Notice to residents of Nevada.
Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes protects the privacy of Nevada residents. Sherman & Howard does not “sell” personal information of Nevada consumers as described in this chapter. If you have further questions about this, please contact email@example.com.
Notice to residents of California.
If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights under the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”).
Types of personal information subject to CCPA:
- Identifiers such as name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number or similar identifiers. This also includes education, employment history, bank account number, and credit or debit card numbers.
- Protected characteristics or classifications under California or federal law.
- Internet use/network activity such as browsing history, search history, and visitor interaction with website, applications, or advertisements.
- Professional or employment-related information.
As a resident of California, you have the following rights:
- Right to know: You have the right to request information regarding specific personal information Sherman & Howard collected from you in the past 12 months, the categories of information, the categories of sources from which the information was collected, and the specific business purposes for which Sherman & Howard uses said information. In addition, you have the right to request information regarding the categories of personal information that may have been disclosed for business purposes or to third parties.
- Right to request deletion: You have the right to request that Sherman & Howard deletes any personal information that has been collected from you to the extent the law allows.
- Right to non-discrimination: You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. This includes denial of service and the level or quality of the service you receive.
Sources of personal information:
- Direct: Clients provide us with personal information during the course of representation. This also includes when visitors request to receive updates or marketing materials by providing information like your name, email address, or phone number.
- Indirect/automatic: Some information is collected automatically when you use this Site. Sherman & Howard uses this information to improve the Site through tracking which pages are visited most often and to assist in security and systems administration.
Sale of personal information:
Sherman & Howard does not “sell” personal information as defined under CCPA.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your contact information and which right you are exercising. Because the CCPA requires us to verify all requests, we may ask you to provide additional information in order to do so.
Notice to residents of EU.
If you are a European resident, you have certain rights under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Your rights under the GDPR:
- Right to access: You have the right to request access to any of your personal data that Sherman & Howard has collected.
- Right to rectify: If we have collected inaccurate personal data relating to you, you have a right to ask to have it rectified or completed.
- Right to delete: You have the right to request that Sherman & Howard delete any personal data we have collected.
- Right to restrict: You have the right to restrict the way that Sherman & Howard processes your information and utilizes any personal data we have collected.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data in a format that is structured and machine-readable.
- Right to object: You may have the right to request that Sherman & Howard stop processing your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Please include your contact information and which rights you are exercising.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, please note that we will be processing your information in order to respond to requests that you make to us (for example, if you ask us through the Site to contact you), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests. Also please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe to the United States.
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.