Curtis B. Sanders
- Juris Doctor, University of Colorado School of Law, 1993
- Member, Colorado Journal of International Environmental Law and Policy
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Kansas, 1988
- Fluency in Spanish
Curtis Sanders is a Member in Sherman & Howard’s Real Estate Department. Curt has practiced exclusively in Aspen, Colorado for over 20 years. His practice focuses on real estate and commercial transactions and has broad experience in all aspects of real estate acquisition, finance and development work, as well as corporate and business matters. Curt’s transactional experience includes complex mixed-use condominium projects and planned communities, commercial property acquisition and financing, office and retail leasing with national and international brand-name tenants, and representation of buyers and sellers of high-end residences in Colorado’s resort areas, as well as representing buyers and sellers with respect to Colorado farm and ranch properties.
- Negotiated purchases and sales of various mixed-use commercial properties in Aspen, Colorado totaling in excess of $85,000,000, including acquisition and construction financing, entitlements, restrictive covenants, rights of first refusal, rights of first offer and repurchase (2012 and 2013).
- Advised client with respect to the acquisition, ownership, and operation of large-scale farm and ranch properties located in Chaffee, Delta, Morgan, Pitkin, Routt Counties, Colorado.
- Advised client with respect to $5 million sale of historic 145 acre ranch property to multi-jurisdictional governmental purchaser, including negotiation and preparation of land use restrictions and conservation easements (2013).
- Advised with respect to acquisition, entitlement, redevelopment, sale and leasing of mixed use properties in Denver’s historic Highlands District.
- Advised with respect to acquisition, entitlement, and master planning and intergovernmental agreements in connection with 300 unit residential project in Eagle County, Colorado.
- Advised with respect to lender’s providing construction financing for projects in Denver’s Stapleton Redevelopment Project.
- Successfully negotiated award of $1.2 million title insurance claim.
- Advised client with respect to choice of entity and mezzanine financing for three-office building project located in City and County of Denver (2013).
- Advised with respect to choice of entity and mezzanine financing for apartment building project located in Pueblo County, Colorado (2014).
- Represented clients in land use and development matters before City of Aspen, Pitkin County, Town of Basalt, Town of Carbondale, Eagle County, and Town of Silverthorne.
- Advised various clients with respect to development, subdivision and covenants for residential communities and resort development projects, including single family, condominiums, townhomes, and planned communities.
- Advised clients with respect to formation and operational issues of corporations, limited liability companies and other entities. Preparation and negotiation of various business contracts, including management contracts, service contracts and other business agreements and commercial law matters.
- Admitted Colorado, 1993
- Member, American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Probate & Trust Law and Business Section
- Member, Colorado Bar Association and Denver Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association Real Estate Section
- Member, Aspen Rotary Club, 1998 – present