Lyle has counseled clients through highly complex transactions for two decades as a middle market mergers & acquisitions attorney. Acting as buy-side and sell-side counsel, Lyle guides corporations and private equity groups through acquisitions, dispositions, and mergers, both domestic and international. He has represented clients in more than three hundred transactions during his career totaling more than four billion dollars in transaction value, and has developed a reputation not only as a talented legal practitioner, but also a practical problem-solver. A client has referred to Lyle as “the most pragmatic and solutions-oriented attorney we have ever worked with.”
In addition to his significant transactional experience, Lyle serves as a trusted advisor to his corporate clients on some of the most significant business decisions they face, including capital formation and finance transactions, foreign and domestic contract negotiations, and corporate governance issues.
Lyle joined Sherman & Howard in 2017 from Baker Hostetler, where he was head of the Business Group for the Denver office. Lyle has received numerous accolades in his career including the Law Week Barrister’s Best Corporate Law Attorney in 2014, a Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent ranking, Colorado Super Lawyer, and Chambers Recognized Practitioner in Corporate / M&A law.
- Represented the owners of one of Colorado’s largest Massage Envy franchisors in the sale of their ownership and franchise rights to a private equity firm specializing in the franchise space.
- Represented Well Master and its subsidiary in their acquisition of a Canadian target.
- Represented Stone Wolf Vineyards and its subsidiaries in the acquisition of Oregon vineyard and winery properties.
- Represented the Colorado franchisor of Orangetheory Fitness in the sale of their franchise development rights and corporate owned fitness studios.
- Represented the owners of LDIS LLC an oilfield engineering firm in the sale of their interests to Tetra Tech, Inc.
- Represented the shareholders of Kelly Cable of New Mexico in the sale of their stock to Peak Utilities Services Group, a subsidiary of CIVC Partners.
- Represented Eberl’s Claim Service, Inc., Eberl’s Temporary Services, Inc., and Eberl’s Acquisition Co., LLC, a national disaster insurance claims adjustment group, in the sale of their assets to Forsyth Colorado, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Engle Martin Associates.
- Represented the parent of BluSky Restoration Contractors, a national leader in disaster recovery and remediation, in the sale of its equity to BluSky Restoration Holdings, a private equity-backed acquisition vehicle of KLH Capital.
- Represented the shareholders of Sitewise Corporation in the sale of their stock to Track Intermediate Holdings, Inc., a subsidiary of CIVC Partners.
- Represented the shareholders of Duro Electric Company in the sale of their stock to MDU United Construction Solutions, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MDU Resources.
- Represented C & D Energy Services, Inc. in its acquisition of the assets of Colorado Scaffolding & Equipment Company, Inc.
- Represented Eyecare Center of Ken Caryl, PC in its acquisition of the assets of Glassner Eye Care, Inc.
- Represented Golden Max LLC in its acquisition of the assets of Invatec, Ltd., a medical supply chain management organization, and Optimal, Ltd.
- Represented the equity holders of Shippert Enterprises, LLC, in the company’s sale to Shippert.
- Acquisition, LLC, a subsidiary of Shore Capital Partners, adding to their portfolio of medical supply and distribution companies.
- Represented Integrated Beverage Group in its acquisition of Stone Wolf Vineyards.
- Represented JCR Capital in its corporate recapitalization involving StanCorp Financial Group, Soundview Real Estate Partners and Partner Reinsurance Ltd.
- Represented the equity holders of GWD Engineering, GWD Design and GWD Field Services in their sale to STV Energy Services.
- Represented the equity holders of Baroness Small Estates to Kahn Ventures, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway.
- Represented the equity holders of Financial Healthcare Systems in their sale to TransUnion Healthcare, a subsidiary of TransUnion.
- Represented Pine Street Growth Partners in its acquisition of Copeland Supply Company.
- Represented Buymytronics in its sale to GameStop.
- Represented Planit Planners in its consolidation with Dataworks.
- Represented Advantage Credit, Inc., in its merger with Credit Pulse.
- Represented The Better Shredder in its sale to Cornerstone Records Management.
- Represented Timberline Freight Service in its sale to Apex Freight Services.
- Represented Economy Steel in its sale to CMC Steel Fabricators.
- Represented Turf Equipment Supply in its sale to Horizon Distributors, a subsidiary of Pool Corp.
- Admitted, Colorado
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Mile High Five Foundation
- Emeritus Board of Directors, Denver Urban Scholars
- Past Board Member, Colorado Companies to Watch
- Past Board Member, Green & Gold Foundation
- Past Board Chair, Cherry Creek Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Member, Youth Opportunity Foundation
- Past Board Member, Denver Active 20-30 Children’s Foundation
- Leadership Denver Class of 2008
- Super Lawyer
2010 – 2018
- Recognized Practitioner – Corporate/M&A (Colorado)
- Barrister’s Best: Best Corporate Law Attorney
Law Week Colorado
- AV Preeminent
Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Top Lawyer in Corporate Law