Attorneys, legal support and administration professionals come to Sherman & Howard for a vibrant, entrepreneurial environment that is both proud of its traditions and nimble in preparing for continual success. With a reputation of outstanding client service going strong for over 125 years, Sherman & Howard seeks top notch attorneys, legal and professional staff to advance its premier tradition.
Attorneys looking for an entrepreneurial environment discover that Sherman & Howard offers a distinct model that is intentionally designed to let lawyers focus on practicing law, sharpen their skills and build their business.
- “Build Your Business Your Way”: Our attorneys enjoy a level of autonomy of practice and self-governance while still being a part of a supportive environment of colleagues who treat each other as true business owners and partners.
- Better Business Model: The firm’s unique business model sets it apart from other regional and national firms.
- Objective Compensation: An understandable and objective compensation system with no upper limit how on much Equity Members can earn.
- Decisive Leadership: Firm leadership does not expect our lawyers to spend significant time “managing” the firm or other lawyers’ practices.
- Reasonable Overhead: Sherman & Howard has one of the lowest overhead per lawyer of any firm our size or larger.
- Mutual Respect and Collegiality: Our attorneys thrive working in teams and offering clients access to experts in a number of disciplines for a holistic approach of delivering legal services and first rate results.
- Future Leaders and Partners: Associates are viewed and treated as future leaders and partners in the firm. With the right mix of challenging work, support and autonomy to complete projects, our associates thrive as professionals and business leaders inside and outside of Sherman & Howard.
- Building Community: We believe in building community within the firm, and our associates are active participants in driving this value. Organized events are designed with the intention to learn from each other, recognize achievements and have fun!
- Professional Development: Through the firm’s associate training, mentoring and business development programs, we provide top notch resources and opportunities for associates to succeed in their professional development.
The moment employment begins, employees are a part of S&H’s future. Every position is important and plays a key role in the continued growth of our Firm.
- Culture: Our success is based on delivering unsurpassed customer service. We understand our clients’ needs and do whatever it takes to meet their needs. We work hard so we can play hard. We believe in treating each other and our clients with respect and value everyone’s opinions. Work-life balance is also an important key to our success.
- Collaboration: Our professional staff play an integral role here at S&H. Expect a fast-paced, collaborative and challenging experience, while working alongside the best attorneys in the industry.
- Professional Development: In the spirit of learning, S&H professional staff members are offered opportunities for continuing professional development and training.
- Benefits: We offer a comprehensive compensation and employee benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Sherman & Howard’s Summer Associate program relaunched in 2016. Our program is practice-group specific and typically ranges from 3-5 participants. We recruit second-year law students from local and national law schools and proudly participate in the Colorado Pledge to Diversity Program from which we hire a first-year law student each year.
- Complete Summer Experience: With a focus on real legal work, training, mentoring and networking, our summer associate program delivers a complete experience. Most importantly, our summer associates gain an insider’s perspective on what it would look like to be an associate at the firm.
- Program Highlights: In addition to substantive legal work, our program offers a robust training and social component, including: S&H Summer Seminar training programs; “Day in the Life of an Associate” luncheon; themed receptions; baseball night; sushi-making class; rooftop happy hour at a partner’s home; courthouse tours; movie night hosted by the Women’s Initiative; citywide summer events hosted by Center for Legal Inclusiveness and DALRA (Denver Areal Legal Recruiting Association); associate mini-retreat; luncheons with CEO and mentor teams; family-friendly park games/kickball tournament, and more!
Sherman & Howard is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and advancement based on individual qualifications and the overall requirements of the job, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
This posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.