Lawyers, legal support and administration professionals come to Sherman & Howard for a vibrant, entrepreneurial environment that is both proud of its traditions and nimble in preparing for continual success. With a reputation of outstanding client service going strong for more than 130 years, Sherman & Howard seeks top notch attorneys, legal and professional staff to advance its premier tradition.
Sherman & Howard is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and advancement based on individual qualifications and the overall requirements of the job, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Attorneys looking for an entrepreneurial environment discover that Sherman & Howard offers a distinct model that is intentionally designed to let lawyers focus on practicing law, sharpen their skills and build their business.
- “Build Your Business Your Way”: Our attorneys enjoy a level of autonomy of practice and self-governance while still being a part of a supportive environment of colleagues who treat each other as true business owners and partners.
- Better Business Model: The firm’s unique business model sets it apart from other regional and national firms.
- Objective Compensation: Our firm has an understandable and objective compensation system with no upper limit on how on much Equity Members can earn.
- Decisive Leadership: Firm leadership does not expect our lawyers to spend significant time “managing” the firm or other lawyers’ practices.
- Reasonable Overhead: Sherman & Howard has one of the lowest overhead per lawyer of any firm our size or larger.
- Mutual Respect and Collegiality: Our attorneys thrive working in teams, offering clients access to experts in a number of disciplines for a holistic approach to delivering legal services and achieving first-rate results.
Future Leaders and Partners: Associates are viewed and treated as future leaders and partners in the firm. With the right mix of challenging work, support and autonomy to complete projects, our associates thrive as professionals and business leaders inside and outside of Sherman & Howard.
Building Community: We believe in building community within the firm, and our associates are active participants in driving this value. Organized events are designed with the intention to learn from each other, recognize achievements and have fun!
Professional Development: Through the firm’s associate training, mentoring and business development programs, we provide top-notch resources and opportunities for associates to succeed in their professional development.
The moment employment begins, employees are a part of Sherman & Howard’s future. Every position is important and plays a key role in the continued growth of our firm.
- Culture: Our success is based on delivering unsurpassed customer service. We understand our clients’ needs and do whatever it takes to meet their needs. We work hard so we can play hard. We believe in treating each other and our clients with respect and value everyone’s opinions. Work-life balance is also an important key to our success.
- Collaboration: Our professional staff plays an integral role here at Sherman & Howard. Expect a fast-paced, collaborative, and challenging experience, while working alongside the best attorneys in the industry.
- Professional Development: In the spirit of learning, professional staff members are offered opportunities for continuing professional development and training.
- Benefits: We offer a comprehensive compensation and employee benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Our Summer Program. Sherman & Howard’s innovative summer program is fast-paced, challenging, and feedback-rich. We will select promising law students for the coming year to ensure that each participant is given the time to demonstrate the skills they have developed so far in their careers and to further develop practice skills they will need for career advancement. Sherman & Howard’s summer associates will see and experience life as fully engaged associates in a leading law firm.
Read more about our summer program HERE.
This posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.