Michael J. Borchlewicz
- Juris Doctor, University of Colorado School of Law, 1999
- Editor, University of Colorado Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Masters of Business Administration, Drake University, 1989
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Iowa State University, 1985
Mike Borchlewicz counsels borrowers in a variety of financial transactions, including loans, corporate bond issuances, security interests, guarantees, intercreditor agreements, capital leases, and tender offers. He has extensive experience with bank credit facilities and corporate bond issuances, including syndicated facilities as large as $3.65 billion and bond issuances as large as $1.05 billion. Actively engaged at all stages of finance transactions, Mike has helped clients raise more than $17 billion during the last three years.
Mike also represents clients in hedging transactions, such as interest rate swaps, advises on financing components of M&A transactions, and helps clients with alternative energy tax investments, including solar power, wind power and clean coal, and with New Markets Tax Credit financings.
Mike also has extensive experience with third-party opinion letters. Mike is frequently called on by law firms throughout the nation to provide local opinions on financing transactions in which the borrower or its subsidiary is a Colorado entity.
Before joining the firm, Mike worked for more than a decade as a project manager responsible for software projects to support the administration and marketing of financial products. Through that experience, he gained valuable insight into financial products.
- $3 billion revolving and term credit facility for cable content provider by a syndication of 41 financial institutions.
- $400 million asset-based revolving credit facility for meat processing company, secured by accounts receivable and inventory.
- $500 million senior secured notes issued by cable content provider.
- $425 million senior notes issued by telecommunications company.
- $50 million mezzanine term loan to movie studio, secured by assets of the borrower, and subordinated to senior revolving facility.
- Acquisition of $11 million of distressed debt issued by Argentine media company.
- $180 million revolving and term facility for telecommunications company by a syndication of 15 financial institutions, secured by all assets of the borrower, including foreign assets and a pledge of the borrower’s stock.
- $10 million delayed-draw term facility by media company to fund acquired business, secured by all assets of the borrower, and guaranteed by affiliates of the borrower.
- $15 million loan by telecommunications company to fund acquired business, secured by all assets of the borrower and stock pledges, and guaranteed by affiliates of the borrower.
- $15 million term loan facility for utility company, secured by all assets of the borrower, with $18.5 million letter of credit, and interest rate hedging.
- $1.75 billion of interest rate swap arrangements with 7 financial institutions.