Garth Jensen has represented issuers in initial public offerings and other equity and debt offerings aggregating over $13.5 billion of proceeds. He has represented nearly two dozen public companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ and foreign exchanges, representing them in various mergers, acquisitions and other transactions and offerings. He is a trusted counsel to senior management and boards of directors of public and private companies, advising on corporate governance, leadership succession, strategic planning and general regulatory compliance issues. Garth also advises private companies and investment funds on offerings and other transactions. His clients include companies in satellite and telecommunications, technology, homebuilding real estate, energy and mining, and manufacturing industries.
Based in Denver, Garth has substantial experience in international mergers and acquisitions as well as cross-border securities offerings and represents many multi-national clients. He also assists clients in developing policies for, and compliance with, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and similar regulation.
- $250 million public debt offering for NYSE-listed issuer
- Represented underwriters and issuers in over two dozen “at the market offerings” for registered proceeds totaling over $350 million
- Negotiated “going private” acquisition of NASDAQ-listed medical device company
- $100 million stock and cash acquisition of European manufacturing company
- Initial SEC registration and NASDAQ Global Market listing of $1.2 billion market capitalization telecommunications company
- $500 million medium-term note offering for NYSE-listed issuer
- $615 million convertible senior notes Rule 144A offering and subsequent registered resale for Nasdaq-listed issuer
- $1.0 billion fully subscribed registered stockholder common stock rights offering for telecommunications company
- $1.4 billion non-negotiated stock tender offer and follow-on merger of Nasdaq-listed company by client telecommunications company
- €1.3 billion ($1.5 billion) initial public offering of Dutch telecommunications company with Nasdaq and European exchanges dual listing
- Cash-out merger and successful defense of derivative lawsuits of client NYSE-listed real estate development company to private equity group
- $496 million stock acquisition of Nasdaq-listed company by publicly-traded telecommunications company.
- $322 million initial public offering for Australian issuer (U.S. Rule 144A tranche and Sydney stock exchange listing)
- Admitted Colorado, 1986
- Member, Colorado and Denver Bar Associations
- Chair, Colorado Bar Association, Securities Law Subsection, 2005-2007
- Chair, Colorado Bar Association, International Law Committee, 1993-1995
- Executive Committee, Stanley British Primary School Board of Trustees, 2007-2011
- Board of Directors, Colorado Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Association, 2004-2007
- Best Lawyer – Corporate Governance Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, and Securities Regulation
Best Lawyers in America
- Lawyer of the Year – Securities/Capital Markets Law (Denver)
Best Lawyers in America
- Band 2 – Corporate/M&A (Colorado)
- Top Lawyer – Securities and International
- Super Lawyer – Securities & Corporate Finance
- Top Attorney in Colorado
The Denver Post
- World’s Leading Attorney – Corporate Governance
Banking Finance and Transactional Expert Guide
- World’s Leading Corporate Governance Lawyer
International Financial Law Review
- Presenter, Personal Action and Securities Law Compliance, Sherman & Howard Data Security, Compliance and Privilege Presentation, May 2015.
- Author, Chapter on “Effectively Setting Executive Compensation and Drafting Impactful Disclosure,” SEC Compliance Best Practices, 2015 ed.