Repeatedly recognized as a leader in the corporate arena, Garth Jensen advises public and private companies on day-to-day operations and governance issues, game-changing domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, strategic alliances, and divestitures, offerings, and transformative deals.
Over the course of more than 30 years of corporate practice, Garth has represented dozens of public companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), Nasdaq, and foreign exchanges in many of their most important transaction. He has represented issuers in initial public offerings and other equity and debt offerings aggregating over $14.5 billion of proceeds and has substantial experience in representing multinational clients in international mergers and acquisitions, as well as in cross-border securities offerings.
Leveraging his extensive deal experience, Garth provides strategic big-picture counsel that not only resolves the issue at hand, but advances his clients’ long-term business goals. Combining skill, business-savvy perspective, and a calm approach, Garth guides clients through fast-paced offerings and negotiates business deals that optimize his clients’ market position.
A trusted counsel to scores of senior executives and boards of directors of public and private companies, Garth advises on corporate governance, development of policies and best practices, compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other regulation, shareholder-related issues for public companies, leadership succession, strategic planning, and general regulatory compliance issues. Garth also advises private companies and investment funds on offerings and other transactions.
His diverse clientele includes businesses in the satellite and telecommunications, technology, homebuilding real estate, energy and mining, and manufacturing industries.
- Handled the $250 million public debt offering for a NYSE-listed issuer
- Negotiated a “going private” acquisition of a Nasdaq-listed medical device company
- Represented a strategic purchaser in a $100 million stock and cash acquisition of a European manufacturing company
- Represented underwriters and issuers in more than two dozen “at the market offerings” for registered proceeds totaling in excess of $350 million
- Handled the initial SEC registration and Nasdaq Global Market listing of a $1.2 billion market capitalization telecommunications company
- Handled $500 million medium-term note offering for NYSE-listed issuer
- Lead $615 million convertible senior notes Rule 144A offering and subsequent registered resale for Nasdaq-listed issuer
- Handled $1.4 billion non-negotiated stock tender offer and follow-on merger of Nasdaq-listed client telecommunications company
- Represented Dutch telecommunications company in its €1.3 billion ($1.5 billion) initial public offering with Nasdaq and European exchanges dual listing
- Handled NYSE-listed real estate development company’s cash-out merger to private equity group and successful defense of derivative lawsuits
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Former Chair, Colorado Bar Association, Securities Law Subsection
- Former Chair, Colorado Bar Association, International Law Committee
- Former Executive Committee, Stanley British Primary School Board of Trustees
- Former Board of Directors Member, Colorado Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Association
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Governance Law (2013-2020); Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2013-2020); Securities/Capital Markets Law (2008-2020); Securities Regulation (2011-2020)
- Best Lawyers in America, “Lawyer of the Year,” Securities/Capital Markets Law, Denver, CO (2015, 2019)
- Chambers USA, Band 2, Corporate/M&A, Colorado (2008-2019)
- 5280 Magazine, “Top Lawyer,” Securities and International (2014-2020)
- Super Lawyers, Securities & Corporate Finance (2014-2019)
- Banking Finance and Transactional Expert Guide, “World’s Leading Attorney” Corporate Governance (2015)
- International Financial Law Review, “World’s Leading Corporate Governance Lawyer” (2007-2009)
- Personal Action and Securities Law Compliance
Sherman & Howard Data Security, Compliance and Privilege Presentation
- “Effectively Setting Executive Compensation and Drafting Impactful Disclosure” Chapter
SEC Compliance Best Practices, 2015 ed.