Sherman & Howard’s seasoned intellectual property attorneys assist our clients – from Fortune 500 companies to small-cap enterprises and closely held businesses – in protecting their valuable IP assets: patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, know-how, Internet domains, and brand identity.
We have cutting-edge expertise in applying both emerging and established principles of intellectual property law to nearly every type of industry. Our experience covers all phases of development, maintenance, and protection of intellectual property portfolios, including:
- Patent licensing and infringement litigation
- Trademark registration, maintenance, licensing, and infringement litigation
- Copyright registration, licensing, and infringement litigation
- Trade secret counseling, protection, and litigation
- Brand, marketing strategies, and litigation
- Software and systems development, licensing, protection, and litigation
- Employment issues surrounding intellectual property ownership, misappropriation, and litigation
- Insurance counseling and coverage issues surrounding intellectual property disputes
Our experienced intellectual property trial lawyers frequently handle cases with and against some of the largest law firms in the nation. We have successfully litigated many disputes before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, as well as before a variety of federal courts located throughout the country, including the Eastern District of Texas, the District of Delaware, the Southern District of New York, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. In addition, we routinely serve as lead or local counsel in intellectual property cases brought in the state and federal jurisdictions where we maintain offices.
Our equally well-established transaction experts focus on counseling, structuring and negotiating transactions of all sizes for our clients, including patent, trademark, copyright, and software licensing; assisting with due diligence on mergers and acquisitions; and counseling employers on best practices for securing and protecting their intellectual property assets.