Since 2016, Sherman & Howard has represented parties in more than 200 finance deals with a principal or issuance amount in excess of $13 billion.
The Sherman & Howard Difference
With deep industry knowledge, regulatory acumen, and impressive transactional skills, Sherman & Howard’s Finance team represents borrowers as well as financial institutions and nontraditional lenders in public and private sophisticated financing transactions. We regularly negotiate, structure, and document domestic and international finance arrangements and have successfully handled many game-changing financings for growing businesses and high-profile companies.
Our attorneys have extensive deal experience with preeminent global banking institutions including all major domestic and international money center banks. Our lawyers possess deep market knowledge and are adept at guiding companies through capital transactions and advising on the financial, accounting, and regulatory effects these agreements and arrangements can have on a company’s current and future operations and the interplay with the borrowers debt and equity structure.
Full Life-Cycle Support
From local businesses seeking significant financing to achieve their strategic vision, to businesses with capital and transactional ambitions on an international scale, companies call on Sherman & Howard to coordinate their debt and equity capital structures to align with their immediate business goals and support their long-term growth.
Our Finance team advises at every stage of financing deals from seeking commitments and assembling syndicates of lenders through refinancing and repayment. We are especially adept at navigating corporate borrowers through the legal and business challenges that arise in finance arrangements with international and domestic banks, financial institutions, and money center banks. Well versed in all applicable federal and state laws, including KYC, Dodd-Frank, and the General Data Protection Regulation, our attorneys stay current on the ever-evolving regulations and market trends to help clients capitalize on changed conditions.
With decades of experience, our Finance attorneys possess a nuanced understanding of deal and regulatory intricacies, which enables us to devise out-of-the-box solutions utilizing nontraditional finance tools and novel deal structures.
We are experienced in the full spectrum of financings including:
- Asset-based finance
- Working capital finance
- Project finance
- Hedging transactions
- Public debt
- Mezzanine financing
- Bridge loans
- Margin lending
- Syndicated credit facilities
- Acquisition finance
- Sale and leaseback
- Real estate financing
- Workouts, restructurings, and debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing
- Represented Brown Strauss, Inc. in connection with its $85 million ABL revolving credit facility with BMO Harris Bank, N.A. as administrative agent.
- Represented QVC, Inc. and certain guarantor subsidiaries in their issuance of $225 million of exchange-traded senior secured notes.
- Represented QVC, Inc. and Zulily, LLC as borrowers in connection with their $3.650 billion revolving credit facility.
- Represented Zions Bancorporation, N.A. as administrative agent in connection with the $150 million syndicated secured credit facility for Versus Capital Multi-Manager Real Estate Income Fund, LLC.
- Represented GCI, LLC in its issuance of $325 million of Rule 144A compliant senior notes.
- Served as counsel to Bosfuel Corporation (Bosfuel) in connection with the Bosfuel Project’s $129.8 million special facilities revenue bonds (Bosfuel Project), series 2019A (AMT) and $6.8 million special facilities revenue bonds (Bosfuel Project), series 2019B (taxable), issued by the Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) on behalf of Bosfuel.
- Represented the borrower in connection with a real estate development construction loan with a principal loan amount of $57 million.