Sherman & Howard’s Capital Markets & Securities team guides clients through the complexities of public and private offerings, advising on all aspects of capital markets financings and securities matters.
We handle transactions, offerings, and ongoing disclosure obligations for public and private companies. Through decades of working on all types of initial offerings, follow-on offerings, and private placements, we have developed deep insight into market dynamics and securities regulations. We often serve as outside general securities counsel for our publicly traded clients. As a result, we know how to help clients efficiently and effectively mitigate risks, strategically manage their offerings, and ensure compliance with the many applicable laws and regulations.
Our Capital Markets & Securities attorneys regularly advise and assist companies in raising capital, structuring finance arrangements, and making domestic and international public and private offerings. With extensive securities law experience, we guide clients through SEC requirements and state securities regulations, making certain that offering documents and periodic reports are well crafted and timely filed. Whether facing SEC compliance issues, looking to raise much-needed capital, or trying to determine the best course of action, clients know they can rely on our team to take on the challenges in real time and negotiate the deals that will enable them to grow and thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
- Initial and secondary public offerings
- Equity offerings – common and preferred
- Debt offerings
- Convertible debt and investment-grade bonds
- Shelf registrations, including senior and global notes
- Private placement of private and public company securities
- Section 16 compliance
- Restricted securities sales
- Stock repurchase programs
- SEC compliance, reporting, and disclosures
- Securities regulatory investigations and litigation
- Represented MDC in its registered issuance of $150 million of senior notes.
- Represented QVC, Inc. in its issuance of $225 million of senior secured notes listed on the NYSE.
- Represented GCI, LLC in a 144A offering of $325 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes.
- Represented CoBiz Financial Inc. in a public offering of $60 million of fixed to floating rate subordinated notes.
- Represented StarTek, Inc. in a $5 million offering of common stock in a PIPE transaction.