Best Security & Privacy Practices for Remote Work Environments
By Jessica Arett, Emily Keimig, Melissa Reagan, and Katie Varholak
As a result of COVID-19 and mandatory stay-at-home or shelter-in-place orders, many employers have recently moved to 100 percent remote work environments. This transition creates unique challenges to protecting a company against a security breach or loss of client or company data. As a result, additional security measures are recommended to enhance your company’s data security.
This advisory outlines the following important areas for businesses to consider in devising policies, procedures, and employee training programs:
- How to access your company’s network remotely
- Dual or multifactor authentication
- Protecting and securing personal computers and devices
- How secure are file share apps and cloud services
- Best practices for secure communications
- Protecting against cybersecurity breaches
- Clarifying or reiterating policies and employee expectations of privacy matters
Read the full advisory HERE.