- The Daily Courier – House Expels Member Over Sexual Harassment Claims (February 2, 2018)
- Eastern Arizona Courier – Shooter Expelled Over Sexual Harassment Claims (February 2, 2018)
- Tucson Sentinel – Arizona Rep. Don Shooter Expelled From House Over Sexual Harassment (February 2, 2018)
- Tucson.com – Arizona Rep. Don Shooter Stripped Of His Gun, Then His House Seat (February 2, 2018)
- White Mountain Independent – Yuma Lawmaker Expelled From The House For Sexual Harassment (February 2, 2018)
- Arizona Sonora News – Legislative Roundup: Trucks, pervy old men, porn & prostitution resolution (February 2, 2018)
- Arizona Daily Star – Arizona House Expels Yuma Rep. Don Shooter After Sexual-Harassment Findings (February 1, 2018)
- The Republic azcentral – Key Excerpts From Arizona Lawmakers’ Speeches In Debate Over Don Shooter’s Ouster (February 1, 2018)
- AZ Daily Sun – Arizona House Expels Rep. Don Shooter for Sexual Harassment (February 1, 2018)
- The Republic azcentral – Lawmaker: Investigate possible ‘revenge porn’ case at Arizona Capitol (February 1, 2018)
- Phoenix New Times – Arizona House Expels Don Shooter After Report On Sexual Harassment (February 1, 2018)
- Cronkite News, Arizona PBS – Arizona Rep. Don Shooter expelled from House over sexual harassment (January 31, 2018)
- The Republic azcentral – 4 key takeaways from the Rep. Don Shooter sexual-harassment report (January 31, 2018)
- Sonoran Alliance – Speaker Mesnard, Rep Shooter Release Statements on Sexual Harassment (January 31, 2018)
- USA Today – Investigative report released on sexual harassment at State House (January 31, 2018)
- ABC 15 – Investigative report released on sexual harassment at State House (January 30, 2018)
- Fox 9, KSWT, and NBC 11 – Report: Credible evidence against Rep. Shooter sexual harassment allegations (January 30, 2018)
- Arizona Daily Independent – Arizona House Sexual Harassment Report Out, Shooter Expected To Follow (January 30, 2018)
- Channel 3 azfamily.com – Probe Finds Arizona Lawmaker Broke Sex Harassment Rules (January 30, 2018)
- 12 News – Arizona Rep. Don Shooter Removed From All Committees After Sexual Harassment Probe (January 30, 2018)
- Arizona Republic – Arizona’s Don Shooter’s ‘Pattern’ of Sexually Harassing Women Detailed (January 30, 2018)
- Phoenix New Times – Report: State Representative Don Shooter Created Hostile Working Environment (January 30, 2018)
- Fox 10 – AZ House Speaker Releases Report on Sexual Harassment Allegations Against State Rep. Don Shooter (January 30, 2018)
- KYMA-TV – Report: Credible Evidence Against Rep. Shooter Sexual Harassment Allegations (January 30, 2018)
- Arizona Capitol Times – Rep. Shooter Sexually Harassed Women, Created Hostile Work Environment (January 30, 2018)
January 30, 2018 – Today, the Speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives released an 82-page report detailing an investigation that looked into accusations of misconduct and harassment by members of the House of Representatives. The investigation was led by attorney, Craig Morgan and a team from Sherman & Howard’s Phoenix office. The team was chosen by the Speaker and a seven member committee.
In reporting his team’s findings today, Morgan said, “We found credible evidence that a sitting male representative violated the House of Representative’s Policy against Workplace Harassment in several (but not all) instances he was alleged to have done so, and by his repeated pervasive conduct has created a hostile working environment for his colleagues and those with business before the Legislature. That said, not all of the allegations against that sitting male representative are supported by independent credible evidence (such as allegations that he inappropriately physically touched a lobbyist at a bar, or made an obscene sexualized gesture at an event).”
Morgan said while he’s been a part of political investigations before, this particular investigation had several unique aspects to it. “This was an investigation where the allegations made were many. Multiple accusers made numerous allegations, with the substantial majority being made against the same person. This investigation is also unique in that it involves accusations against a sitting male and sitting female legislator, the latter of whom it was determined did not violate the workplace policy at issue” added Morgan. He says the results and execution of this investigation can serve as guidance for legislatures around the country that are grappling with similar situations right now. “This investigation was no small feat, and in many ways, was a monumental task. We navigated a series of serious allegations of workplace harassment, in a legislative setting, and in light of a zero tolerance workplace harassment policy. Fairness and accuracy were the guiding principles. Although everyone involved wanted as quick a resolution as possible, all concerned or affected by this process deserved nothing less than a fair, thorough, and accurate investigation,” Morgan says.
“Our success depended in great part on the brave people who came forward to share relevant information or evidence. We were at the mercy of those who were willing to participate in the process so justice could be done, without whom our job would have been close to impossible” Morgan says.
About Sherman & Howard
Sherman & Howard L.L.C. is an Am Law 200 law Firm with ten offices located in Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, Missouri, and New Mexico. Our Firm’s more than 190 attorneys provide high-quality legal and business solutions to a broad range of clients including private, public and government entities throughout the nation and abroad. We have preeminent capabilities in the aerospace and government contracting, infrastructure and construction, financial services, natural resources, telecommunications, technology, manufacturing, consumer products and retail, and nonprofit industries. With more than two dozen attorneys who focus exclusively on estate and tax planning as well as family and matrimonial law, Sherman & Howard also boasts one of the nation’s most respected private client practices.