Sherman & Howard is seeking a paralegal for the Estate Planning Group in its Denver office. Primary responsibilities will include drafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and related estate planning documents. Candidates must have superior writing skills, the ability to understand and draft complex concepts into a legal instrument, and first-rate organizational skills. This position requires the ability to function independently in a busy and energetic practice group.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible paralegal experience supporting attorneys in an estate planning practice
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A certification of completion from a Paralegal school or institute is preferred.
- Familiarity with general processes, systems philosophies, structure, methods and approaches of mid-to-large sized firms.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, grammar and basic legal terminology.
- Knowledge of law office practices and procedures.
- Strong computer skills in the use of software systems such as Word, DMS, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, while working effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of legal and general research techniques and the use of software systems available for conducting research.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with high attention to detail.
- Ability to establish good rapport with attorneys, clients, and other employees.
What Really Gets Us Excited
- Your communication is clear and direct. You can actively listen to others and understand their needs.
- You dive in and take initiative without being asked.
- You have good judgment and a thoughtful approach. You are sensitive to the challenges, goals and needs of all stakeholders.
- You are impeccable with your work and consistent with your follow through.
- You know “how to get things done”.
- You understand the constraints other people face and how to balance the needs of everyone involved.
- You are attentive to details and keep track of all the moving parts.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter including salary requirement and resume.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, 401K and more.
Sherman & Howard is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and advancement based on individual qualifications and the overall requirements of the job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity and expression, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.