T. Parker Schenken
- Juris Doctor, with distinction, University of Nebraska College of Law, 1994
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Loyola Marymount University, 1990
Parker Schenken practices principally in the areas of municipal law and public finance. He also advises clients in the context of commercial lending, corporate law, and real estate. Parker serves as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, disclosure counsel and bank/bond purchaser’s counsel in connection with various municipal bond issues, including traditional tax-exempt financings, private activity bonds, and other taxable and tax-advantaged financings. He also represents institutional lenders and borrowers in connection with the structuring and documentation of secured lending transactions.
Parker is a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers. Before beginning his law career, he worked as a civil engineer with an Omaha-based architecture and engineering firm.
- Serving as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel on city, county, school district, development district and other governmental financings in Colorado, Nebraska and New Mexico.
- Serving as principal outside counsel to a large agribusiness banking cooperative in connection with utility system financings nationwide.
- Serving as bond counsel on tax-exempt multifamily housing revenue bonds in Colorado and New Mexico.
- Serving as developer’s counsel for multifamily housing revenue bond/LIHTC financings in New Mexico.
- Serving as general counsel and disclosure counsel to development districts seeking financing through the public bond markets.
- Representing institutional lenders and borrowers in connection with the structuring and documentation of taxable secured lending transactions (including project financings and secured working capital financings).
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Admitted Nebraska, 1994; Iowa, 1995; Colorado, 1996; New Mexico, 2019
- Member, Colorado, Nebraska and Iowa State Bar Associations
- Member, Denver Language School Board of Directors, 2017-present
- Board of Directors, Lutheran Family Services Foundation (Nebraska)
- FBI Citizens Academy – Omaha Chapter, 2012
- Leadership Omaha, 2000
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law (2007-2020), Project Finance Law (2010-2020), Real Estate Law (2013-2020)
- Federal Subsidies on Direct-pay Taxable Bonds Could Be Reduced to $0 if Pending Tax Bills are Passed by Year End
Sherman & Howard Public Finance Advisory