Steven D. Miller
Steve Miller represents companies with complex debt and equity structures in all forms of capital transactions. His practice focuses on finance, mergers and acquisitions, fiduciary obligations, and securities law compliance. He also has counseled directors and significant shareholders of public companies in negotiating support agreements and complying with applicable regulatory requirements in change-of-control transactions.
Steve has extensive experience in domestic and international debt offerings, secured and unsecured bank financing, project financing, and hedging transactions. He also has a strong accounting background, having practiced as a CPA with a national accounting firm, and works closely with CEOs, CFOs, and general counsel to guide companies through capital transactions and assist them in understanding the financial, accounting, and regulatory effects these agreements and arrangements can have on the company’s current and future operations.
Regarded as a leader in the field, Steve has repeatedly been recognized by Chambers USA (Corporate/M&A – Colorado), Super Lawyers (Securities & Corporate Finance – Colorado), and Best Lawyers in America (Corporate Law). Best Lawyers in America also named Steve “2020 Lawyer of the Year” for Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Denver.
- Counseled General Communication, Inc. in its $2.68 billion merger with Liberty Interactive Corporation.
- Represented major shareholder of Commerce Hub, Inc. in connection with the $1.1 billion sale of Commerce Hub, Inc. to a private equity firm.
- Advised Arrow Electronics, Inc. in its issuance of $500 million in public debt securities and in its $1.8 billion credit facility.
- Counseled QVC, Inc. in connection with several public and private financing transactions.
- Served as U.S. securities counsel to Shaw Communications Inc. in connection with the public issuance of senior notes in the United States.
- Represented the sellers of an investment banking firm in the sale of the firm.
- Advised an international restaurant chain in connection with the sale of the company to a strategic buyer.
- Member, Sherman & Howard Executive Committee
- Best Lawyers in America, “Lawyer of the Year,” Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Denver, CO (2020)
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law (2006-2020); Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2020)
- Chambers USA, Recognized Practitioner, Corporate/M&A, Colorado (2010-2012, 2018-2019)
- Super Lawyers, Securities & Corporate Finance, Colorado (2007-2008, 2012-2018)
- Author – Chapters on Negotiable Instruments, Bank Collections and Funds Transfers, Colorado Methods of Practice, a treatise published by Thomson Reuters