Peter N. Spiller
- Master of Business Taxation, University of Minnesota, 1982
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 1980
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, University of Colorado, 1977
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Represented numerous purchasers and sellers of improved and unimproved real property in the negotiation and administration of a variety of acquisition and sale agreements. Such agreements included purchase agreements, option agreements, and subdivision trust agreements, and the agreements pertained to industrial, commercial and residential properties.
- Assisted multiple clients in connection with due diligence investigations of purchase or sale agreements, including interpretation of results and resolution of issues pertaining to title encumbrances, boundary conflicts, municipal abandonment of alleyways and streets, environmental and other issues.
- Successfully prevented the imposition of Arizona and municipal transaction privilege taxes on developers, resulting in changes in tax statutes and ordinances.
- Negotiated and prepared multi-party joint development and cost sharing agreements for road improvements, water facilities, and sewer facilities and trunk lines, including construction of a $36,000,000 expansion of a municipal sewage treatment plant and installation of related infrastructure.
- Negotiated and prepared numerous agreements for ingress, utility, drainage, slope and other easements, restrictive use agreements, conditions, covenants and restrictions.
- Negotiated and documented donation agreements pertaining to transfer of school and fire station sites, and public infrastructure to governmental entities.
- Advised clients with respect to Arizona State Land Department auctions of state trust lands, including lot premium participation agreements, certificates of purchase and partial patent agreements.
- Represented landlords and tenants in negotiating and enforcing leases pertaining to office, industrial warehouse, agricultural and retail space.
- Represented non-profit organization in negotiation of municipal lease.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in financing transactions, including negotiation and documentation of loan documents and enforcement of creditors’ rights, including trustee’s sales of deeds of trust, judicial foreclosures of deeds of trusts and judicial foreclosure of mechanics’ and materialmen’s liens.
- Represented land owners in condemnation actions by governmental authorities.
- Represented clients in the creation, administration and dissolution of joint venture and limited liability company agreements.
- Represented clients in state and municipal regulatory matters, including compliance with Arizona statutes, rules and regulations regarding business licenses, real estate brokers, construction contractors, and subdivided and unsubdivided lands.
- Represented parties in land bank transactions.
- Admitted Arizona, 1982
- Member, Arizona State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association Business Law, Practice Management and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections