Kendra Follett is a Fellow of the American College of Bond Counsel, recognition of her accomplishments and legal experience in the field of bond law.
She advises clients – including state and local governments; universities; transportation; multifamily and senior rental housing; energy conservation; water and wastewater treatment; hospitals and healthcare systems; and convention centers, stadiums, and civic arenas – in all areas of public and project finance. Kendra has acted as bond counsel, disclosure counsel and issuer’s counsel in tax exempt and taxable financings throughout the State of Nevada.
Kendra’s work includes a broad variety of financing transactions, including general obligation financings, lease-purchase financings, revenue-backed financings, assessment financings, lease revenue financings, sales tax revenue financings, tax increment financings, certificates of participation, bond anticipation notes, and commercial paper. She has experience with a wide range of financing structures, including traditional fixed rate, variable rate, and multimodal structures involving various forms of credit enhancement and liquidity support.
In addition, Kendra regularly advises issuers in connection with rules and regulations of the Securities Exchange Commission and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board regarding municipal securities regulation and enforcement, including regulatory compliance, primary and secondary market disclosures, and enforcement actions.
- Admitted Pennsylvania, 1989
- Admitted Nevada, 1997
- Member, Washoe County Bar Association
- Member, Nevada Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board Glossary Committee, 1999-present
- Fellow, American College of Bond Counsel
- Presenter, “What Could Bring the SEC to your Door,” Nevada Association of Counties, September 2013
- Moderator, “MSRB Essentials – An overview for Bond Lawyers,” National Association of Bond Lawyers Continuing Legal Education Teleconference, June 2012
- Author, “Municipal Obligations in Nevada.” Nevada Lawyer (a monthly publication of the State Bar of Nevada), June 2013