Kellie Nelson Fetter
- Juris Doctor, University of Wyoming College of Law, 2009
- Comment Editor, Wyoming Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Bachelor of Science, Communication and Political Science, summa cum laude, University of Wyoming, 2006
- Phi Beta Kappa
When a business finds itself mired in a dispute, Kellie Fetter jumps in as an advocate and counselor to help her clients find favorable solutions inside or outside of the courtroom. She relishes distilling mountains of documents and seemingly inconsistent testimony into an understandable and compelling story that any judge, jury, or opposing party can grasp. Ms. Fetter’s clients range from large international corporations to local entrepreneurs. She knows that no two businesses are identical and commits to learning and serving each client’s unique needs to provide the best service and reach each client’s goals.
A sampling of Ms. Fetter’s litigation experience follows:
- Recovered more than $3 million in jury verdict and attorneys’ fee award following ten-day trial in a construction completion and financing dispute.
- Worked on a team to obtain a $10 million settlement for policy holder in hotly-contested insurance coverage dispute.
- Obtained defense settlement of $0 out-of-pocket payment for former director of a gas company in a Montana securities fraud class action seeking more than $11 million.
- Negotiated favorable interest swap in lieu of damages in North Dakota based oil and gas dispute.
- Obtained judgment in clients’ favor following three unrelated Colorado bench trials.
- Obtained injunctive relief on behalf of patent holder in federal trademark and trade practices litigation.
- Received an order for protection prohibiting a violent customer from further contact with Wyoming retail client.
- Obtained order of replevin for wrongfully withheld classic muscle car.
- Coordinated team of 18 to perform substantive review and analysis of more than 60,000 documents in two weeks.
- Coordinated service and return of more than 200 Colorado records subpoenas as local discovery counsel for national insurance company in sub-prime mortgage litigation.
- Assisted numerous clients in efficient cost-effective subpoena responses.
- Represented client in London-based arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Favorably settled consulting agreement dispute regarding oil and gas interest in Kurdistan, Iraq.
- Obtained deposition subpoenas for witnesses in three foreign countries in international dispute.
- Association for Corporate Counsel, Emerging Leaders Group, Sponsor, 2015-current
- Co-organizes annual clay shooting event with proceeds in 2017 going to First Descents, organization that provides life-changing outdoor adventures for young adults (ages 18-39) impacted by cancer.
- Mentee, Colorado General Counsel Group, 2015-2016
- Member, Metro Denver Economic Development Commission, Colorado Energy Coalition, 2017
- Coach, Mock Trial Team, Denver School of Science and Technology, 2012-2016
- Colorado State Court
- Wyoming State Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming
- Colorado Rising Stars
2015 – 2019
- 40 Under 40 Nominee
Denver Business Journal
- How to Partner Effectively with Outside Counsel
Association of Corporate Counsel Mentoring Program Presentation
- Setting up to Win Your Trial by Taking Strategic, Tactical and Useful Depositions
Sherman & Howard Litigation Presentation
- Embarrassing Gaffe to Case Killer: The Dangers of Texting and Social Media (and how to Discover When the Other Side has Made Them)
- Boulder County Bar Association Presentation, April 2017
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Presentation, January 2017
- Sherman & Howard Annual Colorado Construction Law Seminar, February 2016
- Privilege Review and Logging
Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Presentation