Jessica L. Broderick
- Juris Doctor, University of Colorado School of Law, 2008
- Production Editor and Member, University of Colorado Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Bachelor of Arts, English, magna cum laude, University of Northern Colorado, 2004
Jessica Broderick is a Member in Sherman & Howard’s Tax Department in Denver. She represents individuals and families in the development of their estate plans and provides advice with respect to associated business, marital, and charitable planning. She also represents individual and corporate fiduciaries and beneficiaries regarding estate, trust, and conservatorship and guardianship administration, and she assists her clients in litigation regarding such matters.
- Assists individuals and families implement wealth transfer strategies that combine personal and familial goals and tax savings.
- Provides counsel to families and corporate fiduciaries relating to the administration of estates, conservatorships, and guardianships.
- Provides advice to and assists trustees and beneficiaries with regard to trust administration, reformation, and litigation.
- Represents clients in the preparation and negotiation of premarital and postnuptial agreements.
- Acts as an expert consultant and witness in Colorado marital dissolution cases involving trusts.
- Admitted Colorado, 2008
- Admitted Wyoming, 2016
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Rocky Mountain Estate Planning Council
- Chairperson, Colorado Bar Association, Trust and Estates Section Uniform Trust Decanting Act Committee
- First Year Member, Colorado Bar Association, Trust and Estate Section Executive Council
- Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates (2018-2020)
- Super Lawyers (2017-2019)
- Co-presenter, The Alphabet Soup of Trusts, 2017 Annual Advanced Family Law Conference, December 2017.
- Presenter, The Colorado Uniform Trust Decanting Act: A Tool in Trust Administration, Boulder County Estate Planning Council, September 2017.
- Presenter, Premarital Agreements as a Tool to Protect Family Wealth, Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section, April 2017.
- Author, “Modifying Irrevocable Trusts under the New Colorado Uniform Trust Decanting Act,” Colorado Lawyer, vol. 45, issue 11.
- Co-presenter, Decanting: What It Is and What It Does and Decanting in the Real World, Colorado Bar Association, Trust and Estate Fall Update, December 2016.
- Presenter, Tools for Flexibility in Trust Administration, Centennial Estate Planning Council. October 2016.
- Author, Chapter 23, “Powers of Appointment,” Colorado Estate Planning Handbook (the “Orange Book Handbook”), 7th ed.; Co-Author with Gregory T. Densen, 6th ed.
- Co-presenter, Trusts: Today and Tomorrow, Colorado Bar Association, CLE in Colorado, Inc., March 2015.
- Co-presenter, Estate Planning CPE Course, Colorado Society of CPAs, 2011.
- Co-Author, “Decanting in Colorado: Nothing to Wine About,” CBA Trust and Estate Member Newsletter, June 2009.
- Author, “Reverse 404(B) Evidence: Exploring Standards When Defendants Want to Introduce Other Bad Acts of Third Parties,” University of Colorado Law Review, vol. 79, issue 2.