Gregory T. Densen
- Juris Doctor, with high distinction, University of Iowa College of Law, 1998
- Articles and Book Review Editor, Iowa Law Review
- Master of Business Administration, University of Iowa, 1998
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Political Economy, magna cum laude, Washington University, 1994
- Assisted family with design and implementation of business and tax sensitive plan to transfer management and ownership of 50+ operating companies between generations; provide counsel to several families with issues of a similar nature and scope.
- Routinely design plans to transition wealth and ideals to future generations while minimizing impact of gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer taxes.
- Frequently provide counsel to surviving spouses and surviving children relating to administration of estates, transition of property to beneficiaries, and (with the assistance of family financial advisors) structures for diversification of portfolios to fit the intended disposition.
- Serve as lead estate counsel on litigation matters relating to definition of estate and trust terms, division of trust assets among disputing beneficiaries, appointment and discharge of fiduciaries, and reformation of estates and trusts to minimize unintended transfer tax consequences.
- Obtain numerous Guardianships and Conservatorships in contested and uncontested proceedings, counseling families on implementation and upkeep of structures to assist minors and incapacitated individuals.
- Member, Denver Estate Planning Council
- Member, Rocky Mountain Estate Planning Council
- Executive Council Member, Colorado Bar Association Trust and Estate Section, 2012-Present
- Board Member, Rocky Mountain Estate Planning Council, 2007-2011
- Co-Chairman, Colorado Bar Association Trust and Estate Section Statutory Revisions Subcommittee, 2010-2012
- The Best Lawyers of America, Litigation – Trusts and Estate (2011-2020); Trusts and Estates (2010-2020)
- Chambers HNW, Band 2, Colorado Private Wealth Law (2017-2019)
- 5280 Magazine, Top Lawyer – Estate Planning (2015-2020)
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- Sherman & Howard Announces 4 New Members
AZ Big Media
February 16, 2018
- Unlike Most Big Law Firms, Sherman & Howard Bulks up its Family Law Group
Denver Business Journal
September 26, 2017
- Former Bookkeeper’s Estate Mostly Wins on Complex Plan
Bloomberg BNA Tax and Accounting Center
September 1, 2017
- Breaking Old Ground
Law Week Colorado
August 28, 2017
- Trust Protectors: Powers, Capacity, and Selection
- Decanting in Colorado: Nothing to Wine About
CBA Trust and Estate Member Newsletter