George Y. Tsai
- Juris Doctor, University of Virginia School of Law, 2010
- Editorial Board, Virginia Journal of International Law
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, with Distinction, University of Pennsylvania, 2007
George Tsai is a Member in the Employee Benefits Practice Group at Sherman & Howard. George assists all types of employers on employee benefits matters including qualified plans, health & welfare benefits, and executive & equity compensation.
- Advises and assists public companies with the structuring, documentation and administration of various stock, stock-based, performance and cash incentive plans.
- Prepares documentation of time and performance based awards, including options, SARs, PARs/PSUs, RSUs, and restricted stock, as well as bonus grants and other cash-based awards.
- Prepares employment and severance agreements for public company executives.
- Advises with respect to compliance with Code Sections 409A, 162(m), and 280G.
- Provides design, operational and regulatory guidance to public, private and governmental employers in the areas of qualified retirement plans, health and welfare benefits, and incentive and deferred compensation plans.
- Assists employers maintaining health and welfare benefit plans (including cafeteria plans, health reimbursement accounts, health savings accounts, and medical flexible spending accounts) with compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA and the Internal Revenue Code.
- Advises employers and health coverage providers on a wide range of coverage and employer mandate issues under the ACA, including assisting employers with Form 1095-C reporting obligations.
- Prepares applications to obtain IRS approval of voluntary error corrections.
- Prepares and assists plan sponsors in the review of qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs).
- Admitted Colorado, 2014
- Admitted Pennsylvania, 2010
- New Qualified Plan Guidance Is Designed to Facilitate Lifetime Income Payment Options
116 J. TAX’N 286
- Canada’s Access to Medicines Regime: Lessons for Compulsory Licensing Schemes under the WTO Doha Declaration
49 VA. J. INT’L L. 1063
- Health and Welfare Plan Update
Sherman & Howard Annual Colorado Labor & Employment Law Conference
- Health and Welfare Plan Update for Employers
Sherman & Howard Annual Arizona Labor & Employment Law Conference
- ACA Dos And Don’ts For Employers In 2016
Sherman & Howard Annual Colorado Labor & Employment Law Conference Agenda
- ACA Update
Sherman & Howard Annual Colorado Labor & Employment Conference