Elizabeth Ford represents clients in domestic relations matters and divorce cases, addressing issues such as allocation of parental responsibilities, child custody, parenting time, child-related decision making, and child support. Elizabeth is also experienced in handling complex financial issues and high conflict cases. She regularly works with experts in trusts and wealth preservation, business valuation, forensic accounting, and with parental responsibility evaluators, and child and family investigators.
With sincerity and compassion, she works closely with her clients to assist them through one of the most difficult, deeply personal challenges they are likely to face. Elizabeth prides herself on ensuring that her clients feel that they have been heard and that their case outcomes were fair.
Elizabeth is actively engaged in the community. She volunteers at a number of legal clinics sponsored by state and local bar associations and with various organizations addressing homelessness and hunger. She served a four-year term on the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Council by appointment by Governor John Hickenlooper.
Elizabeth is also a member of Chief U.S. District Court Judge Wiley Daniel’s Dream Team whose goal is to increase diversity in the legal profession in partnership with the Center for Legal Inclusiveness by providing education to high school students about careers in the law.
- Represented an individual with interests in several family businesses and complex estate planning instruments.
- Represented world-renowned artist with substantial, recognizable works throughout the world addressing intellectual property, studio valuation, and fine-art related matters in a dissolution of marriage and post-decree matters.
- Successfully appealed trial court orders concerning the misallocation of a client’s separate property in a divorce proceeding.
- Member, Colorado Bar Association Family Law Section, 2007-present
- Member, Aurora Bar Association, 2007-present
- President, 2016
- Member, Southern Colorado Bar Association, 2019
- Member, Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Council, 2013-2017
- Member, Arapahoe Community College Paralegal Program Advisory Board, 2015-present
- Admitted Colorado, 2007