Cory G. Kalanick
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 2011
- Order of the Coif
- Articles Submission Editor, Minnesota Law Review
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and History, summa cum laude, Boston University, 2007
- Phi Beta Kappa
Cory Kalanick is a Member in the Public Finance Department. Cory represents local governments, special districts and other political subdivisions, as well as underwriters and lenders, in public finance transactions, election law, constitutional law and economic development matters in Colorado and around the Rocky Mountain West.
- Has worked on the financing or refinancing of schools, public transportation systems, housing projects, water and wastewater facilities, hospitals, community and cultural centers and public safety amenities.
- Handles matters for clients including drafting ballot language and works with local governments through the bond issuing process.
- Provides legal advice regarding applicable federal and state securities and tax laws in connection with the issuance and refinancing of public debt.
- Experience in corporate finance, private equity placements, and corporate governance.
- Admitted Colorado, 2011
- Member, Denver, Colorado and American Bar Associations
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, Colorado Lawyers Committee Election Task Force
- Member, Legal Aid Foundation Associates Advisory Board
- Officer, Denver Young Democrats
- Mentor, East High School A+ Angels Program
- Board Member, Downtown Denver Expeditionary School
- Member, Infrastructure for Cities and States Working Group, Clinton Global Initiative America 2014
- Recognized by Law Week Colorado as an Up and Coming Lawyer, 2016
- Sherman & Howard Announces 4 New Members
AZ Big Media
February 16, 2018
- Blowing Up the Pipes: The Use of (c)(4) to Dismantle Campaign Finance Reform
95 MINN. L. REV. 2254
- It’s A Trap! How to Navigate the World of Opinion Letters
Colorado Municipal League’s 2013 Annual Seminar on Municipal Law
October 11, 2013
- Law Clerk, Target Corporation, 2009-2011
- Analyzed a variety of legal issues relating to general business, financial services, intellectual property, real estate, and regulatory compliance
- Drafted contract best practices
- Advised on new technology projects