- Juris Doctor, Vanderbilt University Law School, May 2013
- Notes Development Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- Bachelor of Science in Advertising and English, University of Miami, 2009
Carla Martin is an experienced litigator who helps businesses, from Fortune 500 companies to local businesses, navigate commercial disputes. Carla has experience prosecuting and defending claims of breach of commercial contracts, breach of fiduciary duty, land title and land use issues, and landlord/tenant disputes in commercial real estate. Carla also represents high-net-worth individuals facing real estate and land use issues affecting residential properties, including issues relating to easements, restrictive covenants, and quiet title. Carla also has extensive experience representing commercial policyholders in actions to recover insurance benefits.
During her years at Sherman & Howard, Carla has developed extensive experience handling cases throughout the various stages of litigation, from pre-litigation advice to the initial filing of an action to taking and defending depositions and other discovery, motions practice, and evidentiary hearings. She has also guided her clients through successful negotiations at mediation proceedings and in informal settlement negotiations.
Before joining Sherman & Howard, Carla gained valuable perspective from inside a courtroom when she clerked for the Honorable Morris B. Hoffman of the Denver District Court.
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Law Clerk, Hon. Morris B. Hoffman, Colorado 2nd Judicial District, 2013-2015
- Colorado State Court