Joseph C. Daniels
- Juris Doctor, high distinction, University of Iowa College of Law, 2009
- Articles Editor, Iowa Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Bachelor of Arts in Theatre, Grinnell College, 2003
Joe Daniels is an Associate in Sherman & Howard’s Litigation and Trial Group. Joe assists clients in all aspects of litigation, including pre-litigation strategy, discovery, motions practice, trial, and post-litigation issues. Joe has litigated cases in federal, state, and bankruptcy courts as well as arbitration proceedings, and has particular experience in cases and advising clients in contract, financial services, telecommunications, oil & gas, intellectual property, and corporate disputes.
- Trial experience in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts, and represents clients in agency hearings and proceedings and arbitrations
- Represents business entities of varying types, sizes, and industries in contract, real estate, payment, fraud, intellectual property, and related disputes.
- Consults with businesses and individuals on pre-litigation and trial strategy, and works to facilitate negotiations and dispute resolution before, during, and after trial.
- Obtained a $11.5 million summary judgment for the servicer of a private lending group against a Colorado commercial real estate developer.
- Obtained summary judgment for a Colorado bank dismissing a Colorado special district’s improper effort to impose and foreclose a $5.4 million “tap fee” lien on 301 undeveloped residential lots that the bank acquired through foreclosure.
- Obtained summary judgment for an electric generation and transmission association in breach of contract dispute involving long-term all requirement contracts.
- Obtained injunctive relief for a Colorado-based business after its trade secrets had been misappropriated.
- Admitted Colorado, 2009
- Admitted U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, 2009
- Member, Denver, Colorado and American Bar Association
- Member, A+ Denver
- Treasurer, Montview Community Preschool & Kindergarten