Jared E. Berg
- Juris Doctor, University of Virginia School of Law, 2004
- Submissions Review Editor, Virginia Journal of International Law
- Master of Arts in German Literature, University of Virginia, 1999
- Bachelor of Arts in Comparative Literature, Brigham Young University, 1996
Jared Berg is a Member in Sherman & Howard’s Trial and Litigation Departments. He has extensive experience representing clients in construction, general commercial, personal injury, wrongful death, and products liability litigation. Jared represents a wide range of clients from major developers and general contractors to small companies and individuals. He has appeared in litigation and trials in several jurisdictions, including Colorado, Texas, Indiana, Florida, Montana, Oklahoma, and New Hampshire.
- Defended major developer in multi-million dollar construction defect dispute with HOA at a high-end condominium development in Denver.
- Represented large general contractor in declaratory judgment and bad faith action against primary and umbrella insurance carriers related to coverage for construction defect claims in excess of $40 million.
- Successfully defended Colorado resort and camp facility in a jury trial involving multi-million dollar personal injury claim.
- Represented various business clients in litigation to enforce covenants not to compete and enjoin the use of trade secrets, trademarks, and confidential information.
- Represented a joint venture composed of major prime contractors in a bench trial in Aspen, Colorado. After completion of trial, obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of our client who was seeking payment for work performed on a commercial development in Snowmass.
- Represented a project owner in a major construction defect case in Montrose, Colorado involving complex geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, and architectural issues. Secured a substantial settlement just prior to trial.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a major fire truck manufacturer in a products liability lawsuit in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Frequently represents general contractors and subcontractors in construction defect, personal injury, and wrongful death litigation.
- Admitted Colorado, 2004
- Admitted, Supreme Court of Colorado, United States District Court District of Colorado and the United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Listed as a Rising Star in Colorado Super Lawyers
- Co-Author, “Construction of Project Leaders,” Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Construction Law, CLE Article
- Co-Panel Moderator, Handling Construction Defect Claims Strategies and Tactics, 12th Annual Key West Seminar, 2007